- Nationals Pride tears into the Lerners and the city council for DC's plan to recoup the $3.5 million the the team owes the city in stadium rent by raising the sales tax from 10% to 15%. I hope this is all posturing, but if not I hardly think Nationals fans should expect the DC city council to spend any more on a stadium deal that (agree or not) was wildly unpopular among actual voters in the city.
- Federal Baseball is giving an iron-clad (pixel-clad?) guarantee that the Nationals will NOT lose 100 games. And he has reasons why.
- Miss Chatter is inviting you to come watch Baseball on the Barn! Rarely one to venture off Cap Hill, I've never done it, but it sounds like fun.
- We've Got Heart is digging the new USPS baseball stamp.
- Nationals Farm Authority scooped the pros (again) on the Hood signing. Check out the comments too. Definitely worth the read.
- NFA also has a very interesting take on the Nationals' progress in the international market.
- A couple days old now, but OMG has his crystal ball predictions for the second half, seasoned with a healthy dose of Lerner cynicism, and optimism about Kearns and Zim, but not Flores, Dukes, or Guzzy.
- Nats 320 interviewed Joel Hanrahan, who like all power pitchers who can't find the strike zone, is loved by me.
- Nats Fanboy Looser don't want no stinking Johnny Estrada.
- DC Sports Plus really really don't want no stinking, sucking Johnny Estrada.
- And... Nats Triple Play thinks SI.com sucks, ESPN sucks, and the Fire Jim Bowden blog sucks. If only I had their ad revenue!!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Just a few recent posts from some of the other excellent Nationals bloggers that I thought were worth sharing:
Posted by Steven at 9:19 AM