- Nationals Farm Authority gives an excellent rundown on the status of each of the Nationals' unsigned picks. With it, NFA again earns my Post of the Week.
- Stan Kasten's remarks Tuesday warning fans that we likely won't sign all our remaining unsigned picks prompted an avalanche of understandable outrage, including the usual Needhamisms. The consensus across the Natmosphere, which I agree with wholeheartedly, is that a) Kasten's comments were posturing and really aren't worth the pixels spilled, b) the negotiating in public probably isn't helpful, c) Crow must be signed, no excuses, and the compensatory pick will NOT be equal value, d) it's not really realistic to think that every pick is going to sign every year--that's not how it works in baseball. We've Got Heart, Bottomfeeder Baseball, Nats320, DC Sports Plus, NFA, Nationals Fanboy Looser all said what needed to be said. (NFA's comments as usual are well worth the read also.)
- We've Got Heart has the latest installment in their "Women in Baseball" series.
- Nationals Fanboy Looser poses an interesting question: what would it take to make you feel good about this season? (He doesn't specifically make any pharmaceutical suggestions, but I think he's thinking to something on the field.)
- Stephanie from We've Got Heart is hoping to hear the lyric, "I didn't even have to bench AK / I got to say it was a good day" at the next Ice Cube concert. Find out why.
- Screech's Best Friend delivers the latest interview with one of Our Washington Nationals--Ryan Langerhans.
- Mr. Irrelevant delivers the punchline on the Redding injury.
- Federal Baseball continues their daily recaps of the day's action. I recommend reliving yesterday's glorious double-header sweep over the NL Champs.
- Strike Out Exxon has the latest reason to oppose the seemingly inevitable sale of the naming rights of Nationals Park to one of the world's most despised corporations.
- NFA gives a shout-out to Vermonster backstop Derek Norris for earning the New York-Penn League Offensive Player of the Week award.
- Didn't a smart guy named Harper Gordeck used to have a blog about the Nationals?
Friday, August 8, 2008
As a weekly service to my readers, I pull together links of some of the more notable posts from the Nationals' crack team of fan-bloggers. Here's this week's roundup:
Posted by Steven at 12:34 PM