- Harper at OMG shows us that Emilio Bonifacio is not only swinging at too many pitches out of the zone, he's also taking too many in the zone. A rare, particularly sign of helplessness.
- Federal Baseball caught some insightful moments from Dave Jaegeler's interview with Jason Bergmann that I would have surely missed otherwise. I'm saying this is the post of the week. And not just because of my soft spot for Bergy.
- OMG also marks the Nationals march into the record books for most shutouts in a season.
- Nationals Enquirer took note of some particularly sycophantic recent Bowden quotes.
- DC Sports Plus answers Bill Ladson's mail.
- SBF gives us the blow by blow from the Lannan appearance at ESPN Zone.
- Miss Chatter has video on a Q&A she attended with Hall of Famer (and, sorry, really not very good manager) Frank Robinson.
- Bottomfeeder and We've Got Heart tell the Washington Post's Gabe Weisenheimer where to go. And Weisenheimer even replied to Dave at BFB with something approaching a non-apology apology.
- Mr. Irrelevant makes the case for John Lannan for ROY.
- Brian at NFA once again used his magic 8 ball to predict the future, calling the Adrian Nieto signing the day before it happened.
- Brian also tallied up the bonuses so far and gave some good context on the cumulative spending to date on draft pick bonuses.
- Nationals Fanboy Looser and actual former journalist offers some insights into unnamed sources after Bowden's recent complaints about some of them not being him.
Friday, August 15, 2008
As a weekly service to my readers, I pull together links of some of the more notable posts from the Nationals' crack team of fan-bloggers. Here's this week's roundup:
Posted by Steven at 3:40 AM