- We've Got Heart continues her series on "women in baseball."
- Kristen also delivers an insightful interview with Nationals prospect JR Higley.
- It's been a week since this story on how badly Jim got schooled by Guzman's agent was posted on Nationals.com, but I can't resist the temptation to say "I told you so."
- John Manuel and Jim Callis did a chat on the 2009 draft preview and twice refused to dismiss the possibility that the Nationals would pass on Strasburg over money.
- SullyBaseball is running a really fun series comparing each MLB team's all-time best homegrown players versus their best acquired players. Here's the Expos/Nationals list. The Nationals who make the cut are Ryan Zimmerman, Chad Cordero, Jose Vidro, Alfonso Soriano, Jesus Flores, Brian Schneider, and Cristian Guzman.
- Fangraphs did a series over the last week or so identifying specific players who personify "replacement level." Five of players on their "all-replacement team" are Nationals--Ryan Langerhans, Jose Castillo, Brad Eldred, and Corey Patterson.
- Eric Seidman writes about Odalis Perez at Fangraphs and about Daniel Cabrera at Baseball Prospectus.
- FJB is now the #2 site after his Wikipedia page that comes up on any Google search for "Jim Bowden."
- Nothing to do with baseball, but I was back on Fox News this week. Check it out if you're interested in having more things to disagree with me about. :-)
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Here's a smattering of items of interest that I hadn't gotten around to posting:
Posted by Steven at 6:00 PM