Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rizz--You Have to Cut Your Losses on Olsen

I know, it's just one game. No it's not. You cannot pitch in the major leagues as a fastball-slider guy who throws an 87 mph fastball and a 77 mph slider. He was decently effective in 2006, but he threw 92 then. He's lost it. His K-rate has fallen from 8.3 per 9 in 2006 to 5.0 last year. He's done. Maybe he has a future as a situational lefty. Seriously. Stop reading Boz. Look at the stats. I don't care if you bring up Bergmann, Balester, or what. Scott Olsen is terrible.

7 comments:

pauloyd said...

And while you are at it, cut your losses on Milledge and bench Belliard.

Olsen clearly was on some performance enhancers that made him moody and throw harder. Now he's more stable and sucks.

Matt Bergfield said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Steven. Watching Olsen tonight was soul-crushing.

Milledge was no great shakes either.

IPLawguy said...

If you think that was bad, wait till Cabrera pitches!

They cut Shawn Hill why?

Sec314

e poc said...

Wow. When I started reading the blog this offseason, I had no idea the community was so alarmist and reactionary.

Rob B said...

@ epoc-
I don't think alarmist is a fair word. It's not like this team was .500 last year and now playing like crap.
They lost 100+ and didn't make the team better. Dunn alone doesn't make up for the losses in rotation and bullpen.
'Frustrated' I think would be a more appropriate description

Steven said...

We are frustrated. And I think people were hoping that with Jim gone that they'd at least start to seem like there was a plan, some rhyme or reason. But Dukes on the bench, cutting Shawn Hill, choosing Ledezma, Shell, Tavarez, and Hickley over Mock and Bergmann, carrying three catchers and three LOOGYs...

I'd hoped for better management at least, if not more wins.

Unknown said...

I have to give credit where credit was due- You predicted 10-1 Marlins win last night, and the score was pretty close to that...