1. It's a lot easier for a young pitcher like Ross Detwiler or Stephen Strasburg to transition to the majors getting three outs an inning rather than four.
2. His nickname in Pittsburgh was the "Mayor of Morgantown."
3. He made this play.
4. Comparisons to Nook Logan are woefully unfair to Morgan. Logan was an average centerfielder for the Nationals, putting up UZR/150 ratings of 3.2 and -1.8 in his two years here. UZR, Probabalistic Model of Range, and other advanced metrics all say Morgan will be one of the best CFs in the game. Plus, Nook's career OBP was .314., while Morgan's is .351. That's a function of Morgan's 8.1% K-rate, compared to Logan's 20.9% whiff rate.
5. He made this play.
6. He plays hockey.
7. He made this play look easy.
8. No more Dukes, Kearns, or Milledge in center.
9. He made this play and this play.
10. His range will help hide Dunn and Willingham's bad defense.
11. Jim Bowden never would have made this move. So if we're screwing up, it's at least a different kind of screwing up.