- Garrett Mock, Willie Harris and Alberto Gonzalez will be better than they were last year.
- Nyjer Morgan and Josh Willingham will be worse.
- Cristian Guzman will get 550 at bats.
- Ryan Zimmerman will again win the gold glove and silver slugger.
- Stephen Strasburg will make 20 starts and will not disappoint.
- Adam Dunn or Josh Willingham will miss extended time with injury.
- Aaron Thompson will end the year with more Wins Above Replacement than Chien-Ming Wang.
- Matt Capps will lose the closer job at some point, compiling an ERA over 4.00, but he will get it back and finish the season with the most saves on the team.
- Chris Coste will get as many at bats as Josh Bard did last year.
- The Nationals will not pay the highest draft bonus in the 2010 draft.
- On September 1, Tyler Walker and Miguel Batista will be former Nationals.
- Brian Bruney will finish the season with an ERA over 5.00.
- Ian Desmond will take some lumps, but at the end of the day, he'll solidify his role as the starting shortstop for 2011.
- Manny Acta's Indians will finish over .500.
- Cy Youngs: Roy Halladay and Felix Hernandez
- MVPs: Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez
- Rookies of the Year: Stephen Strasburg and Brian Matusz
- NL playoff teams: Phillies, Cubs, Dodgers, Rockies
- AL playoff teams: Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, Yankees
- World Series: Red Sox over the Dodgers
- And Nationals record: 68-94.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Happy Opening Day Eve! Real games tonight, which means predictions are due. Here's what I'm seeing in the crystal ball for 2010:
Posted by Steven at 2:15 PM