Monday, January 26, 2009

The Bowden Q&A

I'm guessing given the little market niche I've carved out as the home of all things Jim that people will come here looking for my take on the Q&A. Sadly, I wasn't there. I'm in Amsterdam on business. Yeah, tough life I know.

I'm guessing that Dave at Nationals News Network and Hendo at Nationals Pride will have detailed posts on the goings on. And SBF will have pictures of the AQ with JB. So go there to get caught up. That's what I'm gonna do.

PS--Hey Elijah. It breaks down like this: it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and, if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause - get a load of this - if you get stopped by the cops in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, that's a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have. Yeah baby, you'd dig it the most.

4 comments:

El Rey said...

Why no commentary on Boswell's recent mea culpa article? I find it stunning that Boswell - the cheerleader for baseball in D.C., the apologist for the Nationals, and the valet of the Lerners has decided not to renew his season tickets. After reading the article, I can no longer refer to him as the Nationals Minister of Propaganda. Also interesting was the companion piece where Acta is quoted as saying that he is praying for a healthy team. At this point, I guess we are dependent on divine intervention. Meanwhile, I know of 3 more season tickets holders who didn’t renew. It does pain me though to watch the continuing train wreck.

Mike said...

Actually I'm deferring the detailed report on NatsFest to SBF at Nats320. To compete with him would be a formidable task.

I do plan to comment on Boz' "OK, kids, I wanna be cool too so yeah the sky really is falling" article, probably shortly after the Professor of Gibbsology is proved wrong.

One of Steven's and my concerns was addressed in my column yesterday. (I didn't hear it addressed by the FO over the weekend and I didn't get called on in the Q&As.)

Dave Nichols said...

NJ has the "Stanifesto" up, but i haven't seen the Bowdenifesto posted anywhere, but like Hendo said, i'm sure SBF will have it and break his arm patting himself on the back for it as well.

Unknown said...

Here's a good deconstruction of Bowden, labeling him the worst GM in baseball since Bavasi was fired: http://www.dugoutcentral.com/blog/?p=2239