Anyway, as of this minute, the Nationals have scored 649 runs in 146 games. The NL average is 648. If they don't score at least 4 tonight against Mike Pelfrey, they'll slip below average for the first time in months. Doesn't sound too tough, except that's more runs than they scored in the whole Philadelphia series.
Since Nyjer Morgan went down, they've scored 59 runs in 18 games, an average of 3.28. The biggest culprits over the last month:
- Guzman: .200 BA, 3 BB, 3 XBH (more errors than BB or XBH)
- Willingham: .157 BA, 6 XBH, 9 RBI, 27 K
- Nieves: 0 XBH (the same number of balks and outfield assists)
- Gonzalez: .203 BA, 1 BB (more GDP than walks)
- Bard: .234 BA, 11 K 0 BB (the same number of walks as touchdown passes, slam dunks, and double salchows)